Friday, January 18, 2008

Still Going

I’m three weeks into my routine and…I’m still going. In fact, I feel my momentum picking up. Now, I have to tell you…Keith ain’t no joke. There were some mornings I woke up throughout the last three weeks and tried to come up with every excuse in the book not to show up for my sessions. But my bed couldn’t hold me.

Last week he added cowbells to my workout. BJ, his wife, said, “Girl, you are going to be sore after this.” To myself, I thought, how much more SORE could I be?

Why did I ask that?

I woke up the next day feeling like someone had run me over. It hurt to do everything. Sit down. Stand up. Move. Blink. Needless to say, I came up with some….nice…names for Mr. Keith after that workout.

But the fact of the matter is, it is a good hurt. It means I’m getting there. And that feels fabulous. I have to admit that my walk has changed a little. I got my little strut going. Twisting a little bit more. You know how it is. And, most importantly, this week, I put on a skirt that I hadn’t worn since I started working out three weeks ago and I had some wiggle room! I can not describe for you the high that I had for the day.

It was the energy I needed to keep pushing. One thing that exercise does for me is it helps me to make wise choices about what I put into my body. When I think of how much passion and energy I am putting into getting sculpted, I can’t possibly offset my progress by eating junk or missing a workout.

I think exercise is my new drug. I just might be a junkie. It has definitely been a stress reliever. Keith will tell you…there are times I show up in the morning and I am in the zone the whole time. My grandmother is very ill, things on my job are strained, the release of my book is looming…it has been a challenging time. But I am pressing because I am going somewhere and when I get there…..

I am going to be fine as HELL!



Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: