Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Out of Time

In Memory of Lil Cuz

I remember summer
Playing around
Racing one another
Sporting Converses
In all different colors
You looking out for your
Little brother
The minutes were slipping away
Wasn’t wearing no watch
Wasn’t looking at no clock but
It was just a matter of time
Thought you’d be the Mayor
Or the President
Even at an early age your
Intellect was evident
I can still remember your smile
How we used to laugh a while
Taking chances and running wild
The hours were slipping away
Wasn’t wearing no watch
Wasn’t looking at no clock but
It was just a matter of time
You went left and I went right
Our lives, like two ships
Passing in the night
Days turned into weeks
Weeks turned into months
Got harder and harder
To keep in touch
The world was changing,
We in such a rush
The days were slipping away
Not wearing a watch
Never looking at a clock but
It was just a matter of time
Before you finally beat me to
The finish line
Your memory will remain in this
Broken heart of mine
Wishing I could turn back the hands of time
Go back to the summertime
Stop the time
Hug you tightly one time
Race you down the street for the last time
Tell you to be careful one more time
Say I love you for the last time
But instead I’m just checking my watch
And watching the clock
Realizing that
You have slipped away
and we have run out of time


RIP - Troy


Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: