Friday, August 12, 2005

My Groove...

My groove
Friday, 1:05pm August 12, 2005

I slipped out of my groove
And can't find my way back in
It's been dislocated and like an elbow
That can't bend
I'm in pain until I find my groove again
My groove slipped through my fingers
Out of my reach
It tiptoed slowly down the street
Left me with nothing
But the memory of it's beat
Maybe it just wasn't
The right groove for me
Maybe it didn't suit me
Wasn't in my key
I need a groove that can move me
Make chills run up my spine
Connect me with the divine
I need a groove that can lift me
On the days when I'm too heavy
A groove that can support me
When I'm off balance
And not too steady
I need a groove that can transport me
To places I've never been
A groove that will give me the comfort
Of my closest, personal friend
I need a groove that can recreate me
Without making me over
A need a groove with a strong back
And a waterproof shoulder
I need a groove that can sustain me
Fill me up in places unseen
I need a groove that fills in my blanks
And all my places in between
I need a groove that will embrace me
Wrap me up warm
I need a groove that will encase me
Bring me shelter from the storm
I'm looking for a groove
I'm longing for a groove
I'm searching for a groove
I'm incomplete
Without
my
Groove


Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: