Friday, June 10, 2005

Him

I saw him yesterday
he was looking the other way
and even though I tried to say
hello
he didn't see me
he couldn't see me because
he was looking at her
and she was looking at him
and I felt foolish
for trying to get his attention
in the first place
and as I drove away
tears streaming down my face
I was reminded
this was not the first time
I saw him
and he didn't see me
in all reality
he had never seen me
and never heard a word I said
to him
I was invisible
disposable
a casualty of love and war
I saw him
pass right by me
I was speaking loud enough
but he still couldn't hear me
and even when I was right in his face
he couldn't see me
but he didn't have the courage
to tell me he didn't need me
or didn't want me
and had chosen another
I saw him for the first time
and the last time
wishing each time
had never happened.

No comments: