Sunday, June 05, 2005

My Old School Boyfriend

He held my hand
played trumpet in the band
and I was in the chorus
we were old school
with the whole world before us
we were tongue kissin and slow draggin
underneath a black light
how 'bout us
and he used to write me letters
tell me we would be together
always and forever
indeed
he was a dream come true
he told me I was like an orange
the best part of me was on the inside
and when we broke up I was
all cried out
like a baby cause even though I was only 13
he told me I was
Once, twice
three times a lady
we were old school
he gave me my first kiss
and even now I miss him
the innocence
the essence
he was my old school premonition
represented the man I would love later
before he even came into fruition
he was pure and what we shared
was untainted and unfiltered
it bloomed like a
wildflower
in an open field
and made me want to love
and made me want to kiss and hug
we were old school
like
sukiyaki
and silly
reunited like peaches and herb
my heart hung on his every syllable noun
and verb
ears clung hungrily to his every word
he was my hero
my romeo
my first love before I knew what love was
and he planted the hope in my heart
that remains unrooted
and waiting
for another real love
and old school love
a love on a two way street kinda love
a looking for the perfect beat kinda love
a love that is
old school

No comments: