Monday, July 11, 2005

Journal Day 11, Stretched beyond limits.

There are just not enough hours in the day. No matter how much I try to manage my time, I can't seem to squeeze everything into one day. Take today for instance. The bulk of my day is eaten up by work. I leave there to go to play rehearsal for 3 1/2 hours. I personally think that is too much time. But maybe I think that because I have yet to learn all of my lines. By the last hour, I am hungry, tired and running on empty. Too late to drink coffee, I'd never get to sleep. I come home to my kids who need time and energy that I am in limited supply of. I ended up skipping dinner and opting for an hour long bath. I felt quilty the whole time I was soaking the day away because I should have been talking to my kids about something or asking them something or sharing something with them. But I am flat out busted. No energy for anything but sleep. I haven't read the newspaper, washed my clothes, read my mail, cleaned up my room, or polished my toes. ~Sigh~ None of those things are as important as my kids, mind you, but I still feel that if I don't do better they will be deficient. I'm not giving them enough of me. But for lack of a better excuse, there isn't much of me to go around. Stretched beyond limits in every area, I am searching today for a solution to a problem that all single mothers face. Balance escapes me and my arms don't reach far enough. I feel like I am extending myself in every direction as far as I can and I still ain't touching nothing. My job is pulling on me, my dreams are pulling on me, my kids are pulling on me and I'm just like..."hold up now, pretty soon, I'm gonna snap!" I'm exhaling now. About to say my prayers and ask for some strength. A little bit of get up and go so I can face the day tomorrow and start all over again.
Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

1 comment:

Aida said...

How about the times you come in the door and sit on the couch for "just a moment"...wake up the next morning..in the same clothes... still on the couch... kids done fed themselves and went to bed...

It will get better...with God

...and prayer(but you already know that)