Friday, July 08, 2005

Journal Day 8, Treasure Hunting

I feel like the more I search, the deeper I get, and the closer I get to a treasure within. It's something God placed inside of me a long time ago. I didn't know it was there until He told me. He spoke to me one Saturday morning and told me. He gave me a map. And on that map are the directions to my hidden treasure. Now I am the only one that has possession of this map, but the treasure is no secret. There is a big X on my map to mark the precise spot that the treasure can be found. It would seem to be a cut and dry expedition. But what I didn't know is that on my way to this treasure, I was going to have to travel through some dark places. My hands and feet would get dirty. My mind would play tricks on me. My back would threaten to give out and not support me anymore. My body would turn on me. I never imagined how tired treasure hunting can make you. Each day you get up digging and digging with nothing but a promise as your guide. But at the end of the day, even though you didn't find it and you are empty handed, you can still rest easy because you know that progress is being made. As long as you keep digging, the hope in your heart tells you to face the next day as if it were THE day. I didn't know that there would be pitfalls and other people trying to get my treasure too. Seems like they knew about the treasure before I did. Luckily, God only gave the map to me. So not only am I having to battle with myself, I have to deal with the others that know there is gold beneath them hills! But I am knee deep in this thing now and carry on I shall. Ain't no turning back. I've come too far to let someone else get what is rightfully mine. Each day I rise to search some more, dig some more. Each day I get closer and closer, so close sometimes I can see the shine of it, feel the weight of it. I think I may need help lifting it. Might be too great a treasure to carry on my own. We'll soon see.
Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: