Thursday, July 14, 2005

Journal Day 14, As is

My girl and I had a conversation once about what we wanted from a relationship. We were on our way to work and just naming our desires if we could manifest our own ideal mate. There probably was no difference in our list and the list of the next sista. But as we got deeper into the conversation, we began to get more specific. One of the things we both agreed on emphatically was that we needed a brother that could follow through. It seems like it is so hard to find someone that will just do what he says he is going to do. Someone to be exactly who he says he is. Don't tell me you are going to be somewhere and then don't show up. But even more than that, can I get a brother who will accept me as is? Me....with all my wonderful attributes AND the ones I am working on. Me....with my bad credit and the little pooch in my belly. Me....with my bad breath in the morning and my three kids. Brothers sometimes have this fictional woman already built in their minds. She is wonder woman. A great cook who always is in the mood for hot, kinky sex. She is docile and agrees to everything he says. Her hair is always done and in place and she never has a bad day. She is drama free and of course has no issues from her past. She is quick to jump when he says how high and never questions anything he says. She is also............NON Existent. Just like we sistas have to learn that no man comes to us perfect, brothers must realize that as well. There are no perfect people. There will be days when I am not feeling or looking my best, but I still want to be loved on those days. There will be days when I say the wrong things or don't feel like getting my freak on, but that should still be okay. Is it too much to ask for to be accepted as I am faults, flaws and shortcomings?
Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: