Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Journal Day 12, Final Round

It's funny how when you are in a situation everybody on the outside of your situation seems to be able to tell you what and how you need to do things. I can't stand that and if I am wrong, Lord forgive me. But I am just about tired. I feel like for the majority of my life I have been in a boxing ring. My opponent has been whipping my ass round after round, but I have been holding it down to the best of my ability. Only because in my corner their has been God. Wiping my tears and fixing me up in between rounds. It has been His strength that enables me to go back and fight each and every time. Were it not for the hope I have in Him, I would have laid down and stayed down back in round 3. There are all kinds of people outside the ring shouting what they would do and how they would do it, but ain't nobody but God stepped in the ring to help me fight. They are content to run their mouths from the sidelines, watching me take blow after blow. It's sad to say, but they don't even expect me to win. In fact, I'm sure their money is on my opponent. I don't look like a winner on the outside. I may not have trained in the best gym, and my robe ain't all that fancy, and I'm a little run down. But I am a champion in my heart and I have what my dad refers to as intestinal fortitude. GUTS. I'm complaining today, but the reality is, I don't really want them to help now. Hell, the fight is just about over, I'm in the last round. My opponent ain't knocked me out yet, so I have just as much of a chance of winning as he does. Maybe it's foolish pride, but when the last bell sounds, I don't want anybody but God to get the credit for my victory. Cause you do know I will be the victor right? See, I am what you could call an Underdog. I'm that opponent you didn't bank on losing to. The last person you thought could even run a marathon, let alone win it. I'm the ace in the hole. The ram in the bush. I am what you would call a Million Dollar Baby.
Sign my Guestbook!

Read my Guestbook!

No comments: